Friday, April 13, 2012

Bonefish Grill


Recently I did a post on Amazing Happy Hour Bites. While checking out places for my post, I came across a few I definitely wanted to return to for another meal. Not only was the happy hour food "amazing" (as the post suggests) but something on the regular menu caught my eye, and my taste buds. So, off I went to experience an adventure at one of these fabulous restaurants: Bonefish Grill, located at 14218 S.W. 8th Street.  Although a chain restaurant, I find Bonefish Grill offers a very unique and personal take to their seafood preparations.


White Tuna Tacos
Ahi Tuna Sashimi

I have to start by saying there were quite a few things on the menu that sounded appetizing so it took me a while to decide. To help me clear my head, I ordered one of their happy hour drinks,  the Classic Side Car with a Mango Twist, which was very sweet and refreshing, as I dipped fresh warm bread into their signature pesto sauce. I'll pause here to mention that the bread was so enticing, we kept ordering more rounds for the table.  It was a fitting prelude to the culinary experience about to come. We finally decided to start with their White Tuna Tacos, off of their Specials Menu. It was seared sushi grade albacore, and sesame ginger cole slaw, drizzled with a lime sour cream in crispy wonton shells. Truly delicious! The tuna was very fresh and tasty and the combination of ingredients really brought out the flavor. We devoured it in seconds and loving the tuna so much, ordered their large Ahi Tuna Sashimi. Just as delectable! The ahi tuna was magnificently sesame seared, and came sliced with wasabi and pickled ginger.



Maryland Crabcakes
Rhea's Orange Roughy
Wanting to try one more appetizer, we asked for the Maryland Crabcakes. These were two jumbo lump crabcakes with red remoulade. Oh so good! The seasoning in the crabcakes was perfect, and the spices well balanced. They were tender and seemed to dissolve so gently with every bite. I couldn't believe we were three for three! At this point, we figured it was time to move on to an entree.  Bonefish Grill had advertised a special fish dish that sounded very interesting. I found it on their Special Menu and ordered it right away. It was Rhea's Orange Roughy. The delicate flavored roughy was wood-grilled, and topped with sauteed spinach and lump crab meat.  It was then topped with a lime tomato garlic sauce. Exciting choice of ingredients! The dish came with a seasoned garbanzo bean and spinach side that was out of this world and we chose the Potatoes Au Gratin as a side.

Chilean Sea Bass
The next entree we had was the Chilean Sea Bass. Also prepared over the wood burning grill, the sea bass was extremely tender, rich and moist; with a delicious buttery taste. The dish came with a choice of signature sauces, and we selected the chimichurri sauce; whose bold garlic and parsley flavors went well with the fish. It also came with the tasty garbanzo beans as well, and we accompanied the fish with herbed jasmine rice. The very subtle hint of jasmine on the rice gave the whole experience a final touch. Full but with room for dessert, we finished off the meal with the molten Chocolate Macadamia Nut Brownie with raspberry sauce and vanilla ice cream. Being the chocolate lover, it was right up my alley. The brownie was soft and warm, and totally decadent.


Chocolate Macadamia Nut Brownie

Dinner at Bonefish Grill exceeded my expectations in every way. The service was very attentive and the ambiance welcoming. Great second time around as well as first, and hopefully many more to come. Bonefish Grill...I am still feeling "happy". For more information, contact them at 305-487-6430 or visit them online at http://www.bonefishgrill.com.



Bonefish Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment