Sunday, January 20, 2013

VooDoo BBQ & Grill - Pembroke Pines

Do you VooDoo? I never thought I'd say this, but now I like to VooDoo all the time. And before your mind wanders any further, let me clarify that I am talking about the delicious BBQ inspired by the Cajun cooking of The Big Easy, or NOLA to some. Yes, VooDoo BBQ & Grill has come to town in Pembroke Pines and it is quickly collecting a slew of fans in the week it has been open.  Located at 151 N. Hiatus Road, the restaurant chain of New Orleans style barbeque has brought the magic of Louisiana to South Florida with its latest opening. 






VooDoo BBQ & Grill began its story on St. Charles Avenue in New Orleans at the most appropriate time: Mardi Gras 2002. Serving a fusion of BBQ styles and taking them up a notch with the flavors of the three C's: Caribbean, Cajun and Creole spices, VooDoo BBQ gives new meaning to southern cooking. The meats are dry-rubbed and slowly smoked to perfection using these delectable spices and if you want yet more of a kick, VooDoo BBQ has created three signature sauces made with authentic Louisiana ingredients. I found the ambience to be laid back, yet colorful and fun, reminiscent of the city itself. But let me take you there myself.


Ready to VooDoo


BBQ Shrimp
Baby Back Ribs
After donning our beads, we ordered some beer and started with a taste of their BBQ Shrimp. A New Orleans classic, these jumbo shrimp are cooked in a Worcestershire and herb-spiked butter sauce that screams "eat me" I would just love to subscribe to a lifetime supply of these crustaceans. We also sampled their Baby Back Ribs, which fell right off the bone in an explosion of smoky, spicy and sweet sensations.


Trio of VooDoo BBQ & Grill Signature Sauces


The Carnival
Cajun Smoked Sausage Po Boy
As a main squeeze, we ordered The Carnival and the Cajun Smoked Sausage Po Boy. The Carnival consisted of chopped BBQ pork, chicken, sausage, turkey and brisket mixed together in a Mardi Gras party for the palate. The meats were tasty and each bite offered itw own surprise. The Cajun Smoked Sausage Po Boy, filling and enticing, had a generous amount of flavorful sausage served on a traditional French Bread. As side dishes, we tried the French Fries, Rattlesnake Beans (baked beans), Sweet Potato Soufflé and Potato Salad. They were all delicious but my top favorites were the Sweet Potato Soufflé and the Rattlesnake Beans.


White Chocolate Bread Pudding

A VooDoo adventure wouldn't be complete without something sweet to end the meal. If you like bread pudding (and even if you don't)  you will be knocked out of your seats with their homemade, southern-style version: White Chocolate Bread Pudding. I'll confess I had a couple of pieces before my entrée,  during my entree, and after my entrée. It is sweet, creamy and absolutely intoxicating. VooDoo BBQ & Grill, if I can't have my life supply of BBQ shrimp, can I have a lifetime supply of White Chocolate Bread Pudding instead?

For more information, visit their website at http://www.voodoobbqandgrill.com/pembroke_pines or call them at 954-443-8406.


Voodoo BBQ & Grill on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!
    Pembroke Pines Dodge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby back ribs sizzling on a barbecue grill is incomparable for me. I will be willing to give all that's in my pocket just to grab a bite on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read a blog about Voodoo before. Now I don't know what to think about this barbecue grill house because your review is the total opposite of the previous review that I have read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People have different experiences when they go to the same establishment. Mine was very positive and I absolutely loved it. I've been to several BBQ places, and this is one of my favorites. Check it out for yourself and see how you like it. If you do, be sure to try their White Chocolate Bread Pudding. I haven't had one as amazing! :)

      Delete