Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cafeina Wynwood Lounge

It's lunch time, your boss is driving you insane, you're just north of the Downtown area of Miami and you need to feed your grumbling tummy and your unappreciated soul. I got the place for you. Cafeina Wynwood Lounge, located at 297 N.W. 23 Street, in the heart of the Wynwood Art District. This is the part of the town that rocks on the Second Saturday Art Walks, where hundreds gather to stroll the streets, admiring the unique works of art displayed in the 60 galleries that call this neighborhood home. In one side of Cafeina you find a sultry lounge, featuring cool music, tasty tapas and delicious cocktails. I remember loving the place a while back after going  for the first time to attend an alumni happy hour of my alma matter - Miami High, (otherwise known as Stingtown). I won't tell you what year we were celebrating, but I will tell you this: the drinks and the food were great.


The other side of Cafeina is their contemporary, eclectic art gallery, which serves lunch Monday-Friday from 11:30-3:00. Here, the white walls are lined with paintings, while the metal furnishings give it a hip, trendy feel. It's got a lofty, urban look that blends in very well with the popular neighborhood. For those that rather catch a breeze while they eat, there is a nice outdoor area with lots of shade and plush couches.


Yuzu Ceviche


Tuna Mini Tacos
Coffee Semifreddo
I stopped in for lunch on a weekday afternoon. I wanted something light so I went with their Yuzu Ceviche and the Tuna Mini Tacos. I absolutely loved the ceviche. It was made with White Corvina, avocado, and cilantro, all marinaded with Yuzu leche de tigre. To add a variety of texture, it was served with tostones, or fried plantains.  I could've had three. The tuna mini tacos were prepared with fresh tuna, sprinkled with Yuzu and ginger soy, and topped with guacamole and pico de gallo. They were refreshing bites of fun. I had some room for dessert (don't I always?) so I ordered the Coffee Semifreddo; a smooth, velvety Colombian coffee parfait with sweet chocolate cream. It was a perfect way to get me going again for the second half of my day.

For more information on Cafeina Wynwood Lounge, visit them online at http://www.cafeinamiami.com/ or call them at 305 438-0792.


Cafeina Wynwood Lounge on Urbanspoon


1 comment: