Tuesday, July 30, 2013

EDGE Steak & Bar is taking the edge out of South Florida's Summer Heat

Pastry Chef Sarah Thompson
New Summer Offering at EDGE
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice-cream! South Florida summers are full of sun, fun and beaches. Of course, there's nothing cooler, in every sense of the word, than a refreshing scoop of ice-cream to beat the heat. Well, it could be even cooler if you have it made tableside from a liquid nitrogen cart and douse it with a kick of alcohol.



This summer, EDGE Steak & Bar at the Four Seasons Hotel in Brickell, is taking temperatures down a notch by offering extra cold ice-cream made with liquid nitrogen right at your table, and guests can choose from their favorite flavor - vanilla, chocolate or strawberry. In just 20 seconds, instant gratification will materialize in the form of mini cones filled with the cold, delicious treats. Because Executive Chef Aaron Brooks and his team think of everything, they have decided to give the experience an extra boost, by allowing adults 21 years of age and older the option to "spike it" shall we say, with a bit of rum or coconut rum.


Executive Chef Aaron Brooks

Seafood Paella
Pork Benedict
I donned my summer dress and drove out to the Four Seasons to experience the comfort dessert for myself, but first had a taste of their renowned Sunday Brunch. It had been too long since I had indulged in the decadent spread, and while I loved it the first time, I found it even more incredible on this hot, Sunday afternoon. With the best Smoked Salmon Slider ever in my hand, I walked around the stations to see where my starting point would be. I noticed that in addition to EDGE's signature raw bar featuring its tantalizing ceviche, larger-than-life foodgasmic suckling pig, and variety of fresh salads and charcuterie, they have added a selection of dishes that can be ordered a-la-carte as part of the brunch.  I tried the moist seafood paella, generously prepared with a medley of fish and shellfish and a Pork Benedict that I feel revolutionized the whole "benedict"experience by combining down home Floridan-Cuban flavors ( i.e. mojo) with a rich, buttery, Hollandaise sauce. The Baked Buttermilk Waffle also called out to me because, let's face it, would it really be a brunch without it? The list is quite extensive, so be sure to go hungry.

Baked Buttermilk Waffle

You won't believe it, but didn't end it there. Once enough damage has been done inside, guests can step out to the terrace and order from a series of grill-to-order items such as tender, juicy pieces of Churrasco and tangy Smoke House BBQ Ribs, which can be accompanied with a side of warm, corn muffins, and sweet and savory baked beans. It's like Fourth of July every Sunday.


Warm Doughnuts with Homemade Nutella

Of course, I don't have to tell you about the decadent desserts exquisitely prepared by Pastry Chef Sarah Thompson. They now feature an even larger, impressive selection of sweet endings including White Chocolate Cake, Vanilla Creme Caramel and a sinful helping of Warm Doughnuts and Homemade Nutella. All I can say is after each bite, I continued to grow (in every sense of the word) my love for EDGE. My quest for ice-cream turned into an all-out Sunday feast and I walked out of there with a huge smile from ear to ear. I'd tell you which flavor was my favorite, but then again, you probably already know.


Get it while it's cold...

Be sure to stop in to the Four Seasons this summer before the opportunity melts away. For more information, visit their website at http://www.edgerestaurantmiami.com/

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a brunch I'd like to try! Going to have to journey down to Dade County!

    Thanks for the great review.

    Cindy
    http://breakfastinsunshinestate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete