Sunday, October 20, 2013

Chef Michael Schwartz and Best Buy - A Winning Combination

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to chat with one of Miami's favorite chefs. James Beard Award winning Chef Michael Schwartz, owner of Michael's Genuine Food, Harry's Pizzeria and The Cypress Room was one of the chefs participating in Best Buy's national campaign, launched in 13 cities to show the world that Best Buy Small Appliances Can Do Big Things.



We joined Schwartz at the Aventura Best Buy from 1 pm to 5 pm, where he demonstrated how to make creative dishes using small appliances we all have in our kitchens. Sampling tasty bites such as Classic Deviled Eggs, Slow Roasted Pork-Shoulder with Pickled Onions and Parsley Sauce, and Tuna Crostini with Grilled Spring Onions and Provencal Vinaigrette, attendees participated in a series of giveaways while watching Schwartz work his magic. Prizes included a Best Buy gift card, dinner for two at one of Schwart'z restaurants and the big one: a $2,000 small appliance kitchen makeover. Man I really wanted that one but I would've gladly taken any of the prizes. Unfortunately, lady luck is seldom on my side when it comes to raffles.

The event was a lot of fun, and I had a great time interviewing Shwartz. It doesn't hurt that now that I have a better idea how to use small appliances in my kitchen to create gourmet meals, I can score some brownie points at home. Bam!

Photo Gallery:










No comments:

Post a Comment