Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Stefano Versace Bistro in Brickell Satisfies Your Lunch Cravings With Healthy Dishes


When I told my friend at work I was in the mood for some tuna and gelato for lunch, her response was "Girl, are you pregnant?" After a few moments of sheer panic, and then a sense of relief at the realization of the impossibility of that statement, I grabbed my purse, my keys and a pregnancy test, and headed out to the place in Brickell I knew would have exactly what I wanted: Stefano Versace Gelato Bistro Café located at 1300 Brickell Bay Drive.
 
 
 
 
You've probably seen other Stefano Versace Gelatos at different locations in Miami. For example, there's one in Key Biscayne, Aventura, Sunny Isles, and Wynwood, along with others both near Miami and outside the state. But this one in Brickell is a little different. Besides offering their fresh, delicious gelatos, made daily just like in Italy, they also offer a variety of healthy dishes, fresh-made juices, and a selection of coffees that would make any barista proud. Basically, you can eat a foodgasmic meal, feel good about it afterward because you made some healthy choices, and who knows? You might even run into a sexy Italian holding a Capuccino in one hand (or a fresh-pressed juice if he's a health buff) and a Profumi di Sicilia gelato scoop on the other.
 
 
 
 
 
 
What is a Profumi di Sicilia gelato scoop you ask? Well keep reading and I'll tell you in just a little bit...


 
 
Like I was saying at the beginning of my post, I was in the mood for some tuna, and that didn't change on my ride to Stefano's. My craving actually got stronger as I arrived and saw someone else's plate who ordered it. So, I started off with a Tuna Tartare, made with fresh tuna and Asian Vinaigrette, a layer of Avocado in between, Scallions, and a crown of Masago. The whole delicious dish was sprinkled with sesame seeds and served with some crispy chips for scooping.


 
 
Loving the freshness of the tuna and having an appetite for more, I also ordered their Asian Poke Bowl.  You can choose either raw tuna or salmon as your choice of fish, but since I had started off my adventure with my tuna fix, I chose the salmon for this course. The mix of salmon, edamame, scallions, carrots, cucumber and wakame, laying over rice and drizzled again with Asian Vinaigrette was absolutely spectacular and something I want to experience again and again.


 
 
Now that I had had my chicken of the sea (and then some) it was time for one of their amazing Italian gelatos. They were beckoning me one and all, and it was really hard to decide which one to indulge in. They have so many creamy, decadent flavors to choose from, you really need to come several times to truly get a taste of their sweet goodness.
 

 

 
 
Going back to that imaginary sexy Italian I would have LOVED to bump into at Stefano's, holding a scoop of Profumi di Sicilia, I promised I would tell you what that meant. Well it turns out Profumi di Sicilia stands for "Sicilian Aromas" and it is the name of Versace's original flavor that was awarded People's Choice for Best Gelato in the World in Rimini Italy in 2014.  A delicious combination of fresh ricotta, cannoli, organic almonds, Sicilian pistachios, and candied fruit, the creamy delight is topped off with the zest from Sicilian organic blood oranges and lemons, and a drizzle of creamy caramel. How's that for sexy? Definitely a flavor you want to try when you come here.
 
 
 
After enjoying my scoop of Profumi di Sicilia, I asked myself why have one scoop of gelato when you can have two? So, I also tried their Choccolato Fondente. Please don't tell anyone but I think I heard harps playing when I put that spoon in my mouth.
 

 


Anyway, if you're craving a healthy lunch in Brickell with a sweet finale that will give you the energy you'll need to drive right back to work and listen to your boss for a few more hours, head on over to Stefano Versace Gelato Bistro Café. Oh and before I forget, I'm sure you're wondering what the results of that pregnancy test were? Well... negative of course. For more information, visit their website here.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment