Whether it's for you, your boss, or a special someone you want to impress, there is an event (or several) that will satisfy your cravings. Take a look at just a few below:
For the Deal Hunter:
- For those who can’t resist a good buy, the Festival offers a variety of events at $100 and under. A brand new addition to this year’s selection includes Nu Deco Ensemble Evening of Wine, Food & Music featuring Special Performance by Rev Run & Late-Night Bites by Politan Row Miami on Saturday, February 22. Other great values for frugal foodies include the Festival’s first ever pizza party with Miami Design District presents Sliced: A Genuine Pizza Party hosted by Michael Schwartz, Sips & Dips hosted by Adam Richman and a uniquely crafted cocktail experience, Croquetas & Cocktails hosted by Eileen & Jonathan Andrade.
- Health nuts can still indulge at events that combine fitness, food and fun. Kick start the morning and get your juices flowing with the ultimate workout designed to fire up your weekend at Bootcamp & Bites hosted by Robert Irvine on Saturday, February 22. There’s no place like ‘OM’ if you want to get down dog at Buddhas and Bellinis, taking place on both Saturday, February 22 and Sunday, February 23, and hosted by the most sought-after yoga teacher in South Florida, Dawn B, coupled with live music for a morning of YOGA and relaxation during SOBEWFF®.
- While food and wine are in the Festival name, there are plenty of events crafted for cocktail enthusiasts. Start with the spirited Craft-y Happy Hour hosted by Marc Murphy on Thursday, February 20 and continue the streak on Friday, February 21 at the Art of Tiki Cocktail Showdown presented by BACARDĺ Rum and Patrón Tequila. Opportunites to enjoy other spirit-focused experiences on Friday, February 21 include Cigars & Spirits presented by Cigar Aficionado and Sips & Succulents Master Class hosted by Gio Gutierrez and Erika Rodriguez
- Nocturnal noshers will have plenty to choose from at this year’s Festival. But, better act fast to get tickets to one of these popular late-night events because the early bird gets the worm. Festival friend and influencer, Samantha Schnur has rounded-up some of Miami’s favorite chefs for a one-of-a-kind late-night culinary collaboration Chef Mash-up presented by HoneySpot App hosted by The Naughty Fork on Thursday, February 20. On Saturday, February 22, Dim Sum & Disco hosted by Molly Yeh joins the Festival for the first time to help transform the illustrious grounds at The Setai on South Beach into a carnival of flavors typically found at one of Asia’s famed street markets.
For the Brunch Lover:
- Those who dream about brunch all week long can enjoy the ultimate Sunday morning pairing of food, drink and PRIDE! On Sunday, February 23, ABSOLUT Vodka’s Drag Brunch presented by Barilla hosted by Carson Kressley part of the CRAVE Greater Fort Lauderdale Series presented by My Fort Lauderdale Beach returns to the Festival and promises to be a celebration of divine proportions. Or saunter over to the Southern Kitchen Brunch hosted by Trisha Yearwood part of The NYT Cooking Series, which will dish out the GRAMMY Award winner’s favorite recipes. Additionally, Sunday Brunch hosted by Katie Lee & Geoffrey Zakarian part of the CRAVE Greater Fort Lauderdale Series is sure to end your Festival weekend on a high note
For the Whole Family:
- Parents can ditch their babysitters because fans of all ages are able to enjoy one of the many family-friendly events at this year’s Festival. The ever-popular Goya Foods' Fun and Fit as a Family featuring Kidz Kitchen at Jungle Island returns this year on Saturday, February 22 and Sunday, February 23. All the cool kids are sure to attend the Family Ice Cream Social hosted by Duff Goldman on Sunday, February 23. Additionally, Nulo Pet Food's Yappie Hour hosted by Ted Allen on Saturday, February 22 offers a fun-filled afternoon perfect for both canines and kids. For film buffs, head to Hallandale for Foodie Movie Night in the Park hosted by Jacques Torres (on Friday, February 21) and Valerie Bertinelli (on Saturday, February 22) to catch some of your favorite family-friendly flicks – like The Hundred-Foot Journey or Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - under the stars. A complete line up of 2020 events can be found online at sobewff.org, and by following along with the hashtag #SOBEWFF on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Tickets for the 2020 Festival are available now online at sobewff.org or by calling 877.762.3933 (Phone sales are open Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST). To date, SOBEWFF® has raised more than $30 million for the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at FIU.