Thursday, February 9, 2012

Segafredo - Brickell

Feeling in the mood for some good food, relaxing drinks, and let-loose conversation, I headed to Segafredo in Brickell, located at 1421 South Miami Avenue. Being a Friday night, the place was beaming with the left- over happy hour crowd refusing to call it a night, mixed with some late night revelers just getting started. While I usually don't enjoy having dinner in such a crowded setting, the ambiance lured me in, and made me relish the pulsating music and the chic, yet comfortable surroundings reminiscent of an Italian cafe.
Tartare Di Tonno
After ordering a glass of wine to set the mood, I ordered the Tartare Di Tonno, a tuna tartare consisting of  fresh chopped tuna with mango and avocado, served with a spicy pink sauce and mayonnaise. It was amazing! As you have probably already noticed, I am a fan of tuna tartare and this one was right up there with the best I've had. The tuna was extremely fresh and the mango and avocado created a sweet and salty combination of flavors that grew bolder with every bite.

Burrata
I then ordered the Burrata, yet another appetizer that reminded me of my last trip to Rome and the antipasto platters we used to share over exquisite wines from the region. The Burrata included juicy mozzarella heart, prosciutto di parma, arugula, fresh tomato, fig marmalade and balsamic caviar. I loved combining all the elements of the dish with a piece of bread dipped in the marmalade. You have definitely got to try that!

Yellow Fin Tuna Loin
For the entree, I ordered the Yellow Fin Tuna Loin which came on the menu with sicilian pesto and balsamic glazed red beans. Since it was late, however, they had run out of the beans, so offered another side dish to go with the tuna. I chose rice which was fine but I did remain with a craving to try the beans, which sounded very interesting. The tuna was delicious. Although I usually like to eat my tuna steaks medium rare, and this one was well done, I still found it to be very tasty and fresh.

Chocolate Vulcano Souffle
Finally came my favorite part of any meal: dessert! I had enjoyed my Tartare Di Tonno so much, I didn't think anything could top it off for the evening, but after the first bite of my dessert, I realized I was wrong. I ordered the Chocolate Vulcano Souffle, a hot explosion of chocolate souffle topped with Grand Mernier chocolate ganache, and served with a scoop of italian vanilla ice cream. After each luscious bite, all I could bring my conscious mind to repeat was "Pinch me, I think I'm dreaming". Absolutely divine!! The most valuable piece of advice I could give you is that if anybody wants to share this dessert with you, make sure you respond, "No thank you, get your own!" Don't forget to complete your meal with one of their delicious, and world famous coffees.

Segafredo is a hip, trendy cafe that provides a high-energy ambiance combined with great drinks and delicious food. If you're in the mood for an exciting evening with friends, and desire some good food, come here, give them a try, and let me know what you think.  305-577-9809  http://www.sze-brickell.com/

Segafredo Brickell on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment