Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Epcot Food & Wine Festival at Disney World

I am finally getting the opportunity to sit down and share my adventure with you at this year's Epcot International Food and Wine Festival at Disney World. After researching some of the dishes they would be featuring for 2013, I was extremely excited to pack my bags, grab my Mickey Ears and head on over to the Happiest Place on Earth to spend an entire day of eating on their opening day.



Just as you'd figure, The annual Epcot International Food and Wine Festival showcases dishes from around the world, pairing them with both beer and/or wines specific to each country. Along with the obvious culinary delights, there is entertainment in the form of a Concert Series, interactive cooking experiences, wine seminars and a whole lot more. It's pretty mind-blowing to be able to travel the world, culinarily speaking, in the span of a few hours. While you won't need a passport for this trip, Disney gives you one anyway, highlighting all the destinations you can visit, along with a checklist of what you will sample at each one. Prices for the small plates range between $3-$8 and drinks cost about $5-$8. Once you're in the park, there are several ways to pay for your "food travels". You can pay as you go through each destination, purchase a prepaid card with a spending limit of your choice, or use the new wrist band Disney is testing out at selected resorts, which serves as a convenient way to charge all of your expenses with one magical touch.

Bon Voyage

Would you think any less of me if I told you that I spent the entire day eating? Then I won't tell you - but I did. I managed to get some rides in because otherwise I would have felt guilty, but my main focus was to go through that entire passport and try something from each country. By the end of the night, I had eaten my way through several continents and cultures, and drank craft beer and fine wines to my heart's content. My passport was filled with check marks next to my favorite dishes (like the Crispy Pork Belly from Brazil), and my shorts felt a wee bit tighter (all-right, more than just a wee bit). But if you're a foodie, and I know you are, you have to come to Orlando, Florida and check out the Epcot Food & Wine Festival at least once in your lifetime. Don't believe me...ask the dishes:























1 comment:

  1. Hi
    My name is Amy and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Miami to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at amy(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete