Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Wynwood Kitchen & Bar's Summer Dining Series Is Back

It's back! Wynwood Kitchen & Bar, the cool, artsy eatery located at 2550 N.W. 2nd Avenue in Wynwood Miami, has launched their Summer Dining Series again this year, featuring small plates from Europe. Every Wednesday during the months of June, July and August, the restaurant will showcase a variety of a la carte dishes and drinks, from a particular country in the Old Continent. In addition to these items, diners can also order from their regular a la carte menu of Global-Latino small plates as well.





Meat & Cheese Plate
White Sangria
For the month of June, Wynwood Kitchen & Bar is showcasing Spain, so I went to get a taste of what Chef Aguilar was putting together to represent La Madre Patria. It turned out he had some pretty interesting combinations I was excited to try. The first was the Meat & Cheese Plate, a nice tasting plate consisting of Duck Prosciutto, San Simon and Tetilla Cheeses and a sweet paste to give the dish an extra umph. It was simple and light and a perfect way to start the experience. I decided I wanted to pair the tapas with their White Sangria, another Spain favorite for the month of June, and that was delicious. Fruity and refreshing, I was starting to get in the mood for some Flamenco dancing. (Too bad there wasn't a cute Spaniard around.)


Chorizo Croquettes

Next up, we tried the finger-licking good Chorizo Croquettes.  These flavorful, meaty balls were made with potatoes and bechamel, then stuffed with chorizo and served over a chive cream. Ole! I could easily have bought a dozen. Finally, the last showcase of the month was the Stuffed Piquillo Peppers. These were tasty but spicy fellas, stuffed with crab meat and manchego cheese then generously drizzled with aji amarillo. They gave my tongue a run for its money, but no worries though. Nothing another White Sangria couldn't take care of. Bring it on...

Stuffed Piquillo Peppers


Gazpacho
Maduros
After indulging in WKB's special menu items for June, I thought I'd try some more dishes from their regular menu. I love the spin the chef puts on Latin cuisine and the way he combines spices and flavors from different places to create something completely new. In keeping with the Spanish theme, I ordered a Gazpacho. It had a burst of flavor and an interesting kick coming from the spiced croutons. I accompanied it with one of my favorites from WKB, their Maduros, or fried plantains smothered in queso fresco and nata. Never disappoints. Finally, I noticed they had Gambas al Ajillo, that while not part of the special Spanish menu, is quite a popular dish in Spain. I gave it a whirl and totally loved the taste of  parsley and olive oil with the garlic sauteed shrimp.

Gambas al Ajillo

You should definitely get out to Wynwood Kitchen & Bar this summer and not only try the special dishes on their Summer Dining Series, but the globally-infused regular menu items as well. They will be featuring Germany in July and Portugal in August. With the FIFA World Cup going on, I have to say, I can't wait to see what Chef Aguilar's creativity will produce. For more information on WKB, visit their website.


Wynwood Kitchen & Bar on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment