Thursday, October 30, 2014

Lhardy Kitchen & Bar in Coral Gables

If you've driven down Miracle Mile lately, you've noticed that there's a brand new spot on the corner of 301 Miracle Mile, where La Tagliatella used to be. It's Lhardy Kitchen & Bar, a restaurant that belongs to a group creator of 88 brands of restaurants, nightclubs and hotels with more than 300 establishments spanning eight countries.

Lhardy Kitchen & Bar kept the opulent and rich decor of its predecessor and is now giving Coral Gables foodies an excellent option for international cuisine. I recently visited Lhardy Kitchen & Bar for both their Happy Hour and their Executive Lunch. I was very pleased with both.

Me sipping a cocktail spontaneously created
by the mixologist at Lhardy's

Crab Salad
Tuna Tartar
Let's start with the one you want me to talk about the most: Happy Hour. Happening Monday through Friday, from 3:30 pm -7:00 pm (in the bar and bar area only), Lhardy features an excellent selection of Draft Beers, Specialty Cocktails (my favorites), Wines and Spumanti and Well Drinks. The creative libations can be paired with their signature Pizzas, as well as a variety of other dishes from their Bar Bites Menu. I absolutely went cuckoo over their Tuna Tartar, prepared with smoked chipotle, capers and leeks, atop crispy wonton chips. Another favorite for me was their light and mild-flavored Crab Salad.


Bufala Pizza

Jerk Wings
Lhardy Pizza
The Jerk Wings were delicious as well, nicely marinated and served with a homemade Gorgonzola Sauce. But I think the pizzas took the cake.. sort of speak. Of the three I tasted, my top contender was the Sweet & Sour, boasting a fun combination of crispy eggplant, honey, balsamic glaze and arugula salad.



I had a moment with this Chocolate Martini


Arancini
Sweet & Sour Pizza
Pair the good food and the refreshing drinks with an upscale, yet relaxing ambiance, and you got the formula for a nice place to gather with friends after a long day at work. Speaking about work, I noticed Lhardy served an Executive Lunch during the week until 4 pm that included an appetizer, entree and dessert for just $13.99. I figured I'd check it out the next day since they were on a roll so far and my boss was out of town.

If you're in the area at lunch time or can make the drive, Lhardy's Executive Lunch is totally worth it in value, taste and time. I was in and out in just 30 minutes, which is awesome because I still had time to play. As soon as I sat down, the waiter brought over a complimentary basket of warm bread with the most amazing sun dried tomato paste. I couldn't stop dipping.

Zucchini Soup
After looking at the menu, I decided to start with the Zucchini Soup. It was an adventure for me because I wasn't sure if I was going to like it but I am happy to report, I did. It was creamy and flavorful, a perfect beginning to my midday meal. Next, I ordered the homemade Cannelloni with Spinach and Ricotta, spread in a tomato and bechamel sauce. Divine! The pasta was perfectly cooked.


Cannelloni with Spinach and Ricotta

For dessert, I went for the Crema Catalana, a Spanish custard topped with a contrasting layer of hard caramel. It wasn't the most spectacular I've had, but it did the trick and I really couldn't believe this lunch, served with great service in a beautiful setting, only cost $13.99. By the way, on the way out, I noticed they make their own Limoncello in house, and I couldn't help but get me a glass. Sssshhh...that's just between me and you.

Being a bad girl with my afternoon  Limoncello

For more information on Lhardy Kitchen & Bar, visit their website or call them at 786-464-0516.


Lhardy Kitchen + Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment