Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A 24K Gold Experience at The Betsy Hotel in Miami Beach

In the infamous words of Chicago, "Everybody needs a little time away".  I found my personal sanctuary at The Betsy South Beach Wellness Garden & Spa, located at 1440 Ocean Drive, in Miami Beach. I had been wanting to get a facial done for quite a while and when I took a look at Miami's only fully outdoor spa at The Betsy Hotel, I knew it was time.




Stepping onto the rooftop tropical oasis, I instinctively felt a sense of tranquility and ease. The Zen-inspired K'ALMA Spa, uses earth-born elements to soothe the senses and renew the soul.  Perusing their Spa Menu, you momentarily forget you are reading a brochure of spa services and get enthralled in the relaxing and inspirational quotes instead.  They focus on a sense of well being that transcends all luxuries and indulgences, offering guests treatments that balance the body's many energy centers in order to embrace life's daily challenges with a positive mind.




"Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads" (Thoreau).  I didn't quite grasp the intensity of this quote until I received the signature welcome at The Betsy Spa.  Incorporating an ancient tradition shared by many cultures, they honor their guests by giving them a raw earth foot-bath upon arrival, using minerals and natural antiseptics that soften the soles and soothe aches. Both humbled and relaxed, the experience set the mood for the relaxation to come.




I decided to try the 24K Collagen Mask Facial, a pampering ode to the Egyptian custom traced all the way back to Cleopatra, which utilizes the anti-aging benefits of gold. Cleopatra was said to have slept in a gold face mask every night to enhance the suppleness of her skin. Although I would not be spending the night with a gold mask on, I was definitely looking forward to covering my face with some of nature's AU. "If speech is silver, silence is gold." (Egyptian Proverb)  All I have to say to The Betsy is… you are so right.




The whole experience was unforgettable. The facial wasn't just a facial, but a deep penetrating massage, combined with the natural revitalizing benefits of Miami's cool breeze.  I could feel the quality of the ingredients as they were placed on my skin, and felt an immediate taut on my face feeling that lingered. By the end of the luxurious facial, I could see a more youthful and glowing appearance and I felt completely in tune with my senses. Wow… I need to do this more often.




After I was done, I drank a glass of champagne, lounging in the relaxation area, overlooking the water. It was a priceless afternoon, in the beautiful city of Miami, where the service was perfect and the surroundings unparalleled.





If you haven't visited The Betsy for either a meal at their signature BLT Steak restaurant or a spa treatment, I highly recommend you indulge and reward yourself as soon as possible.  The hotel has a deep commitment to the arts, supporting their very essence through art, music and literature. They offer writers the opportunity to stay at their inspirational Writer's Room to finish novels and memoirs, and they also host a Breakfast Arts Salon for literature fans, where writers share breakfast and ideas with guests. I recently attended a Breakfast Arts Salon event, featuring writer and editor Francesca Cruz, who shared a very powerful and interactive message with us. I pretty much walked out with a new focus on life and a renewed empowerment to continue to achieve my goals.




For more information on The Betsy Hotel, and all it has to offer, visit them online at http://www.thebetsyhotel.com or call them at 305-531-6100.



No comments:

Post a Comment