Thursday, August 22, 2019

Miami Spice Pick 2 - Peacock Garden Cafe in Coconut Grove

It's time to share my Miami Spice Pick 2 and for this one, we're traveling over to Coconut Grove.  Peacock Garden Bistro located at 2889 McFarlane Road, brings together a little ambiance, some memorable cocktails and delicious food, making it a must-do during Miami Spice.



Let's start with the luscious libations, shall we? Peacock's bar has got it going on with a whole lot of creative drinks to choose from. I'll tell you my favorite is their Hibiscus Passion Martini, which totally blew me away from the first sip. Thanks so much to our awesome waiter for recommending it. It's a refreshing combination of hibiscus infused vodka, passion fruit, and fresh lime juice nicely shaken and served with an edible hibiscus flower. Did I mention I loved it?  The great part is that the options are so vast, you don't want to drink just one. Their Guava Martini also brought a smile to my face and there's an Expresso Martini I'm eyeing for next time. Oh and during Miami Spice, they are also offering a cocktail menu you can pair with your dishes called Miami Splash. Definitely want to look into that.





Don't you just love attention to details and those little extras that make you feel special? Well the service at Peacock Garden did just that and if you're having their Miami Spice menu, they throw in a little shot of soup to awaken your palate prior to commencing your meal. Very cool.





While their Miami Spice menu is not extensive, they have a good variety and their portions are perfect. For dinner appetizers, you can choose from the Lobster Ravioli or the Burrata with Heirloom Tomatoes.  We loved them both so it's difficult to choose a favorite. My recommendation is pick a different one for each and share. You will thank me later.




For entrees, they have an option for land lovers and another for seafood fans like myself. I ordered the Seared Jumbo Eastern Scallops and conversation ceased at my table while I chewed. It was delicious. I would have never thought of serving the scallops over hummus and topped with corn. Brilliant choice. The flavors and textures came alive in my mouth and I didn't want the moment to end. The dish is served with salad, sun dried tomatoes and drizzled with pesto. If you're in the mood for meat, order the Certified Angus Prime Rib Eye. Juicy and well-seasoned, it is served with mashed potatoes and parmesan cheese.






I couldn't wait to continue with the feast and the sweet ending did not disappoint. Peacock Garden concludes their Miami Spice adventure with two mouthwatering desserts you can select from. The first is the Dark Chocolate Brownie, served with walnuts and vanilla ice-cream. (Of course, they had me at chocolate so I didn't hear anything after that.) The second dessert is a Coconut Foam, which was very light and refreshing. It was mixed with fresh berries and had a slightly sweet yet very creamy taste we definitely enjoyed.





So there you have it - my Miami Spice Pick 2 for 2019.  Hurry and book your reservation and don't miss this deal. If you want to know more about Peacock Garden Bistro, check out my previous post here.  For more information, you can call them at 305-774-3332.


No comments:

Post a Comment