Saturday, June 4, 2022

Stories From Greece 2022

Can’t stop thinking about the unforgettable experience we had at the Stories From Greece culinary event at Astra Miami hosted by BeSpoke Communications and Aphrodite Dellaporta. All I kept wondering was what ingredients the chefs were using for each amazing course and how long it would take me to pack my bags and move to Greece if this is how I would be eating everyday. 




Many of my favorite travel memories have been made in Europe and a portion of those adventures occurred in Mykonos and Athens. So getting a taste of these premier destinations through my palette was nostalgic. 




The night began with cocktails expertly crafted with spirits unique to specific regions in Greece. Each sip brought the Greek Isles a little closer to the popular rooftop in Wynwood. From the Ionian Spritz, to the Greek Fashioned and Clockwork Orange, we could literally close our eyes and hear the waves from the Mediterranean Sea. 





But it didn’t stop there. A quartet of world-class chefs hailing straight from the hottest locales in the islands prepared an odyssey of dishes that took us on an epicurean journey. The eight-course meal was curated to give us a taste of Greece and tell us a sensory story about its beautiful regions. The fresh ingredients awakened our palettes with each bite and I promise you I saw myself back in Mykonos sunbathing on a sandy beach - albeit with clothes on.




Because this night was to be magical in all of its aspects, each course was paired with an outstanding Greek wine to complete the experience. 




And of course, there was dancing, dancing and more dancing. We felt at home and like we made new friends. I think that’s what ultimately Greece is all about. 



So…. I’ve mapped out my next travel adventures and it seems like they will include the Greek Isles. Santorini, Epirus and Macedonia… we haven’t met yet but I am looking forward to enjoying a food and wine experience on your soil. And Mykonos…. See you again soon. Thank you for sharing your #StoriesfromGreece2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment